The Access Control Report 2016
This report from IFSEC Global and sponsored by access control innovators HID Global, is a white paper with two distinct components. Firstly, what kind of infrastructure is already installed in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region and how widely deployed are the latest technologies in this market? Secondly, what are the plans, motivations and reservations of security technology buyers around upgrading or replacing existing systems? There is also a section focusing on mobile access and storing personal credentials on multiple platforms.
Courtesy of a poll of hundreds of security managers, heads of security, facility managers and other end users, this report explores the influence of internal corporate politics and organisational changes on investment decisions, how disruptive access-control installations are perceived to be and the rise of mobile, remote access and the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend. It is a valuable resource study of access control.
The Access Control Report 2016: Legacy Infrastructure and Motivations for Upgrading (EMEA Region)
- Organisation sizes
- Seniority/job type
- Functionality/capabilities of existing systems
- Security needs of organisations polled
- How often third-party consultants contractors or temporary staff require short-term access to buildings and systems
Plans and motives for upgrading systems
- Plans for system upgrades
- Sought-after functionality in new solutions
- Importance of cyber scandal, BYOD trend and changing employee expectations on upgrade decisions
- Internal business/organisational triggers for upgrade decisions
Deterrents to upgrading systems
- Misgivings about upgrading
- Perceptions of disruptiveness of installations/upgrades
- Perceptions of mobile access and storing personal credentials on multiple platforms
Download the full report here.